I’m losing track of my sewing projects because I haven’t updated them as I went along. Well since the shorts, I’ve since attempted a knit dress, a sailor-inspired dress and bucket hats. The knit dress in the first picture and the sailor-inspired dress were failures. I did not do proper research on sewing stretched knits so I would say a couple of washes in the washing machine and the dress will fall apart. As for the sailor-inspired dress, I really love the ombre chevron print but I made *SO* many mistakes with this one that I had to take the dress apart and restart. I ran out of piping for the circular neckline and waiting for new one to arrive before attempting again.
The bucket hats though were a huge success and really easy and fun to make. I got the tutorial from the Oliver+S website and it took a while to figure out as usual. I did not like their method of how to create the reversible look so I consulted YouTube for an alternative method and after trying out the alternative method, the hats were a lot cleaner in look. Lots of people messaged me about the hats after I posted photos on Facebook. I plan to make a striped bucket hat series next.
Chinese New Year is coming soon in two months and I am nowhere close to starting making their qipao-inspired dresses. I’m not making a qipao because I find them stiff and hot, rather I am making a dress with qipao influences. We don’t celebrate any holiday except Chinese New Year so its kind of a big deal. I should get started on that soon since I have to make four dresses but I can’t decide which prints to use.